- Virtual instructor Led Training
- Complete Hands-on Labs
- Softcopy of Courseware
- Learning Labs
- You can use your Purchase Card and checkout
- The GSA Contract Number: 47QTCA20D000D
- Call 800-453-5961 for details
- Customize your class
- Delivery Onsite or Online for your organization
- Choice of Dates when and where you want
- Guidance in choosing and customizing your class
Question About this Course?
Microsoft SharePoint is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. As such, SharePoint has many distinct features that must be enabled and configured, and many content structures that can be selected, added, and configured.
In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint team site so that your team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively. SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand what features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create a SharePoint team site and perform basic content management tasks on a single SharePoint site.
- Create and configure new sites.
- Add and configure document libraries.
- Add and configure lists.
- Create custom lists and forms.
- Assign permissions and access rights.
- Extend SharePoint functionality with web parts.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who need to create and manage a SharePoint team site.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to access and use lists, libraries, and documents on a typical SharePoint team site. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2016: Site User
Course-specific Technical Requirements
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Lesson 1: Creating and Configuring a New Site
- Topic A: Create a New Site
- Topic B: Configure the Look and Feel of Your Site
Lesson 2: Adding and Configuring Libraries
- Topic A: Configure a Document Library
- Topic B: Configure Document Versioning and Check Out
- Topic C: Configure a Content Approval Process
Lesson 3: Adding and Configuring Lists
- Topic A: Add and Configure an Announcements List
- Topic B: Add and Configure a Tasks List
- Topic C: Create, Configure, and Integrate Contacts and Calendars
Lesson 4: Creating Custom Lists and Forms
- Topic A: Create and Configure Custom Lists
- Topic B: Create Custom List Forms
Lesson 5: Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Topic A: Share Sites and Set Site Permissions
- Topic B: Secure Lists, Libraries, and Documents
Lesson 6: Extending SharePoint Functionality with Web Parts
- Topic A: Add and Configure Included Web Parts
- Topic B: Add and Configure External Web Parts