Save money and get your team trained. With a group of 5 or more people, you have special options. Click the button below to request a special quote for your team now!Request Group Quote
Price: $2295, Length: 3 days
Updating your skills to SQL Server 2016
This Course is SATV Eligible†
About this course
This three-day instructor-led course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
Who Should Attend:
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016.
Additionally this course is for existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
- Describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security
- Describe what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced data access features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2016
Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
Lab : Installing SQL Server 2016
Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Performance
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance.
- Columnstore Indexes for Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
Lab : Implementing SQL Server 2016 Performance Improvements
Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server Security?
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security.
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
Lab : Implementing SQL Server 2016 Security Improvements
Module 4: What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
This module introduces what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability.
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New in Database Caching?
- Using Windows Server 2016
Lab : Availability and Scalability with SQL Server 2016
Module 5: What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
This module introduces reporting and BI enhancements and new features in SQL Server 2016.
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
Lab : Implementing PowerBI
Module 6: What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
At the end of this module you will be able to describe data access enhancements in SQL Server 2016.
- Enhancements to Integration Services
Lab : Using PolyBase
Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
This module describes enhancements in SQL Server OLAP.
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
Lab : OLAP with SQL Server
Module 8: What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
This module describes new SQL Server cloud functionality.
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database
Lab : Using SQL Server in a Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.
†SATV eligibility changes frequently and varies based on a set of criteria that changes often. Any courses on this page that are claimed to be SATV eligible are subject to manual review on a case-by-case basis - if any course is found upon manual review to not be SATV eligible for any reason, then SATV vouchers cannot be applied to the course.