Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $2295, Length: 3 days
Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations
This Course is SATV Eligible†
About this course
This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are business intelligence professionals. The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users with some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas) as well as some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching). An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable. Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of a self-service BI solution
- Describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Describe common Analysis Services operational tasks
- Describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server
- Describe Power Query
- Describe Windows Azure HDInsight
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Solution
This module introduces key features of a self-service BI solution.
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solution
Module 2: SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint
This module describes the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment.
- Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- SharePoint with analysis services
- SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
Lab : Design a SQL Server BI infrastructure
Module 3: Operating Analysis Services
This module describes common analysis services operational tasks.
- Configuring an analysis services server
- Tuning an analysis services server
- Analysis services security
- Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
Lab : Configuring analysis services
Module 4: Supporting Analysis Services
This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint server.
- Testing analysis services cubes
- Tuning analysis services
- Maintaining analysis services
Lab : Supporting Analysis Services
Module 5: Operate and Support Reporting services
This module introduces users to Power Query. They will use this more in subsequent modules.
- Installing a native mode report server
- Installing reporting services with SharePoint
- Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Reporting services errors
Lab : Installing reporting services
Module 6: Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server
This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint.
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
Lab : Install PowerPivot for SharePoint
Module 7: Operate and Support Power BI
This module introduces Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Power BI desktop
- Mobile Power BI
Lab : Using Power BI
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
May 2016 revision
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.
†SATV eligibility changes frequently and varies based on a set of criteria that changes often. Any courses on this page that are claimed to be SATV eligible are subject to manual review on a case-by-case basis - if any course is found upon manual review to not be SATV eligible for any reason, then SATV vouchers cannot be applied to the course.