This instructor-led, hands-on lab course is intended individuals wishing to learn or obtain certification in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Customization and Configuration. This course will go over configuration, Implementation of Entities and fields, how to manage solutions, forms and visualizations as well as business rules and work flows.
- Working knowledge of: Dynamics 365 (CRM) features and functionality; development, implementation, and data structures
- Professional who administers, configure and customize Dynamics 365 CE (CRM)
- Implementation consultants, technical support technicians, and system administrators
What You’ll Learn
- How to configure Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE
- Implement Dynamics 365 Entities, entity relationships and fields
- Create and manage Dynamics 365 solutions, forms, views, and visualizations
- Implement business rules, workflows and process flows
This instructor-led, hands-on lab workshop is intended individuals to learn how to Administer, Deploy and Customize Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE (CRM)
This course covers administration configuration, Implementation of entities and fields, how to manage solutions, forms and visualizations as well as business rules and work flows. This course will help you prepare for the MB-200 Dynamics 365.
Module 1: Overview of Dynamics 365 CE (CRM) Administration, Customization and Configuration
Learn how to use the new tools to support Dynamics 365 CE (CRM)
- Application Module vs. Framework (What you can build and what is provided by Microsoft)
Module 2: Dynamics 365 and Office 365
Dynamics 365 works with many of the Office 365 Applications. Together D365 and O365 can increase productivity and communications for your organization.
- The different options for connecting a D365 and Office 365
- Use Folder Tracking to better track emails
- Use Office Groups for Collaboration
- Setup Server-Side SharePoint Integration
- Configure OneNote Integration
- (D365 and O365 help keep people updated)
Module 3: Customizing and Configuring Dynamics 365 to Match Your Unique Business Requirements
Tailor D365 to fit your organization today and tomorrow.
- Configuration – Setup and one-time decisions
- Customization – Making D365 match your organizations needs
- Visual Development – Powerful tools with no-programming
- (Customization never ends because your business has a “new idea!”)
Module 4: Security Model (Enforcing Your Organization’s Security Requirements)
D365 can support multiple security scenarios. Learn how to establish and administrator a security model that “fits” your organization.
- Overview of the Dynamics 365 Security Model
- Create, Configure and Manage Security Roles
- Users / Teams & Security Roles
- Setting up Hierarchical Security
- (Security give the right people access and denies the wrong people)
Module 5: Working with Dynamics 365 Solutions
The full name is Solution Packages. What is inside a solution is components and objects developed and exported from a D365 system. This could be a small as a single webform or as larger a complete D365 system for a specific industry.
- Dynamics 365 Solutions Overview
- Including Components in Solutions
- Solution Publishers and Versioning
- Solutions Types
- Working with Multiple Solutions
- Export & Import Solutions
Module 6: Entity and Field Customizations
To understand entities, we need to look at the database supporting D365. An Entity is a database table, and a Field is a database table column, but there are differences and the term entity refers to the table, columns and associated elements.
- Entities Overview
- Entity Ownership (and why this is important)
- Working with Entity Properties
- System vs. Custom Entities
- D365 Fields (Data Types) (Database Columns)
- Working with Different Field Types
Module 7: Entity Relationships
Entities are linked and pass data is a manor specified by established relationships between entities.
- Overview of Relationships in Dynamics 365
- 1:N, N:1 and N:N Relationships
- Working with Hierarchical Data
- Using Entity Mapping to Pre-Populate Data
- Connection and Connection Roles
Module 8: Customizing Forms
One of the first changes your users will ask if for changes to the visual display. Forms are how D365 display data to users. Form Security also restricts which forms are shown to whom.
- Dynamics 365 Form Types
- How to Build Dynamics 365 Forms
- Specialized Form Components
- Using Access Teams and Sub-Grids for Record Sharing
- Working with Multiple Forms
Module 9: Views and Visualizations
Views are important for two reasons: displaying a set of records to your users and providing the dataset for reports and the visual charts, dashboards
- Types of Views in Dynamics 365
- Creating and Customizing Views
- Customizing Charts
- Customizing Dashboards
- Using Dynamics 365’s Theming Feature
Module 10: Business Rules
- The New Business Rules Designer
- Business Rules Overview
- Business Rule Structure and Design
- Using Conditions and Actions
Module 11: Business Process Flows
The visual display of progress is useful for tracking the status and displaying on mobile devices.
- The new Visual Process Flow Designer
- Overview of Business Process Flows
- Using Stages, Steps, and Categories
- Reviews Options for Conditional Branching
- Workflows and Business Process Flows
- Role Driven Process Flows
Module 12: Customizing for Mobile
Are you ready to support 1,000+ mobile displays? Don’t bother, design a D365 mobile for and the Mobile App will take care of the 1,000+ mobile devices in the market today.
- Examine Considerations when deploying the mobile client.
- Explore strategies for customizing the mobile client.
- Navigation and Form Considerations
- Custom Controls
- Business Rules vs Client Scripting
- When to consider a custom developed solution
Module 13: Building Your Own Apps with the Dynamics 365 App Designer
The current trend is for more Visual Designers, Visual Tools and less programming.
This module shows you how to use the new Visual Tools in D365.
- The new modular Business Applications in Dynamics 365
- Using App Designer to Create Apps
- Learn how to build modular business applications with App Modules
- Understand how to configure App Modules
Module 14: Customization Sitemap Navigation
How you can make the top level navigation only show the areas your organizations will use or adding new sections to your D365.
- Editing the Sitemap
- Choosing the best Sitemap for your organization
- Example of Sitemaps for Sales, Service and Government
- New Sitemap Visual Editor
- XRMToolBox and XRMTools