This two-day course provides students with the tools to set up the financial management application area. The focus is on the advanced financial functions within the organization such as multicurrency, cost accounting, cash flow forecast, and the VAT rate change tool. Furthermore, this course focuses on internal reporting and analysis functionality, in addition to the means for sharing data outside of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV environment, either through XBRL—a language for tagging financial data—or by exporting data to Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for a partner that sells and implements the finance module to customers. The typical partner has an ERP background and is strong in accounting principles.
Module 1: Intrastat
This module explains the setup of Intrastat and how to run and submit Intrastat reports.
- Set up Intrastat
- Report Intrastat
Module 2: VAT Rate Change Tool
This module explains the VAT rate change process.
- Prepare for VAT Rate Change Tool
- Set Up Using VAT Rate Change Tool
- Perform VAT Rate Conversions
Module 3: Multicurrency
This module explains the process in using the Multicurrency functionalities.
- Currency Card and Exchange Rates
- Set Up Multicurrency for Customers, Vendors, and Bank Accounts
- Lesson 3-5: Process Documents and Journals
- Adjust Exchange Rates Batch Job for Customers, Vendors, and Bank Accounts
- Lesson 7-9: Reporting Currency
- View the Exchange Rate Adjustment Register
- Summary of Currency Exchange Rates
Module 4: Budgets
This module explains the Budget feature.
- Lesson 1-3: Creating Budgets
- Copying Budgets
- Exporting and Importing Budgets
Module 5: Cost Accounting
This module explains the process on Cost Accounting.
- Workflow in Cost Accounting
- Setting Up Cost Accounting
- Cost Entries
- Cost Budgets
- Cost Allocation
- Cost Accounting History
- Cost Accounting Reporting
- Tips and Tricks
Module 6: Cash Flow Forecast
This module explains the functions, the setup and the use of Cash Flow Forecast.
- Functions of the Cash Flow Forecast
- Setting Up Cash Flow Forecasts
- Creating Cash Flow Forecasts
- Cash Flow Forecast Reporting
Module 7: Financial Reporting and Analysis
This module explains processes related to cost account schedules, cash flow account schedules and how to generate report analysis.
- Analyze the Chart of Accounts
- Account Schedules
- Analysis by Dimensions
- Export Analysis Views to Microsoft Excel
- Dimension-Based Reports
- Combine Analysis Views with Account Schedules
- Finance Performance Charts
Module 8: XBRL
This module explains the concept of XBRL.
- XBRL Terminology
- XBRL Specifications and Taxonomies
- Work with Linkbases
- Enter XBRL Line Definitions
- Export the XBRL Lines
Lab: Create an Intrastat Report
Lab: Process a Sales Invoice
Lab: Post Expenses in Foreign Currency
Lab: Update the USD:GBP Exchange Rate
Lab: Create a budget
Lab: Copy a budget
Lab: Using Cost Journals
Lab: Set Up a Cost Budget
Lab: Set Up Cost Allocation
Lab: Creating a Cash Flow Forecast
Lab: Entering Manual Revenues and Expenses
Lab: Using the Cash Flow Worksheet
Lab: Printing the Cash Flow Date List
Lab: Create a Detailed Account Schedule
Lab: Create a Cost Account Schedule
Lab: Create a Cash Flow Account Schedule
Lab: Create an Analysis View
Lab: Create a Cash Flow Analysis View
Lab: Export an Analysis View to Microsoft Excel
Lab: Combine an Analysis View with an Account Schedule
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up Intrastat for use in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
- Explain how to run and submit Intrastat reports.
- Explain and demonstrate the preparation of the VAT rate change process.
- Explain and set up the VAT rate change tool.
- Explain and demonstrate how to perform a VAT rate change.
- Explain setup requirements for currencies and exchange rates when using multiple currencies.
- Explain setup requirements using multiple currencies with customers, vendors, and bank accounts.
- Describe steps and additional functionality for processing purchase and sales documents that use foreign currency.
- Describe steps and additional functionality for recording and posting multicurrency transactions in the cash receipts journal.
- Describe how to process multicurrency payments using the payments journal.
- Describe how to run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job for customers, vendors, and bank accounts.
- Explain set up, viewing amounts, daily processing, and periodic processes when using an additional reporting currency.
- Describe how to run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job for G/L accounts.
- Describe how to view the Exchange Rate Adjustment Register.
- Explain the Budgets feature in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
- Explain the G/L Budgets page elements.
- Show how to set up budgets manually.
- Explain how to delete budget entries.
- Explain how to create budgets by using the Copy Budget function.
- Explain how to create budgets by using the Export Budget and Import Budget functions.
- Explain the workflow in Cost Accounting.
- Explain and set up Chart of Cost Types, Chart of Cost Centers, Chart of Cost Objects, and Cost Accounting Setup.
- Explain the relationship between the cost accounting and general ledger application areas.
- Set up cost journals.
- Explain how to create cost entries either through a transfer from G/L entries or through posting the cost journal.
- Explain and set up cost budgets by using different copy functions.
- Explain the transfer from budget to actual.
- Explain and set up cost allocations.
- Explain static and dynamic allocations.
- Explain how to allocate costs and cost budgets.
- Explain the cost registers and cost budget registers.
- Explain the deletion of cost entries and cost budget entries.
- Explain different cost accounting reports.
- Provide tips and tricks.
- Explain the functions of the cash flow forecast.
- Explain the setup of the Chart of Cash Flow Account, Cash Flow Setup and Cash Flow Payment Terms.
- Explain how to create cash flow forecasts by using Cash Flow Forecast Cards and Cash Flow Manual Revenues and Expenses.
- Explain how the Cash Flow Worksheet is used.
- Review the registration of the cash flow through Cash Flow Forecast Entries.
- Explain the different Cash Flow Forecast Reporting possibilities.
- Describe filtering and analysis pages related to the chart of accounts.
- Explain how to set up an account schedule and explain other processes that relate to account schedules.
- Demonstrate cost account schedules.
- Demonstrate cash flow account schedules.
- Describe types of dimensions.
- Explain how to set up analysis views.
- Explain the process of exporting analysis views to Microsoft Office Excel 2007, and describe the elements of the exported file.
- Show how to generate analysis by dimensions and other dimension analysis reports.
- Show how to set up a Finance Performance chart.
- Explain the terminology associated with XBRL.
- Explain how to import and update taxonomies.
- Explain how to attach, update, and apply linkbases to taxonomies.
- Describe pages that are related to XBRL lines, and explain how to enter XBRL line definitions
- Demonstrate how to export an instance document.