See course #803869 AX Developer Boot Camp for available dates for this course
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of the basic technical features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This course does not contain coding.
Who Should Attend
The intended audience is experienced systems consultants typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Module 1: Architecture
This module describes the architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Microsoft Dynamics AX is a completely integrated solution and is web-enabled and supports Microsoft SQL Server. With customizable source code, the solution can be modified however and whenever it is necessary.
- Features of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Development Environment
- Model Driven Architecture
- Licensing and Configuration
Module 2: Data Dictionary
This chapter introduces the tools and procedures used to create tables, data types, and relations that are required in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- MorphX and the Application Object Tree
- Data Types: Primitive and Extended
- Creating Tables
- Base Enumerations
Module 3: User Interfaces
This module discusses how to develop the user interface without having to write any code. Forms are created so that the end-user can enter and view data. To make navigation easier for the end-user, menus and menu items will be created.
- Joining Data Sources
- Menus Items
- Form Templates
- List Pages
Module 4: Security
This module describes the elements of Role Based Security in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Set Up a New User
- Assign a User to a Role
- Change Duties on a Role
- Change Privileges on a Duty
- Assign a Permission to a Privilege
- Investigate Access
Lab: Create a New Model and a Development Project
Lab: Create a New EDT
Lab: Create a New Table
Lab: Create a Primary Key
Lab: Create a Relation
Lab: Add an Enum
Lab: Create a Form
Lab: Create a Form from a Template
Lab: Create a New Security Role
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Review basic form navigation.
- Review the architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Describe the options for making development changes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Describe the theory of Model Driven Architecture in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Review licensing and configuration.
- Explain the MorphX development environment and the Application Object Tree.
- Design tables using MorphX.
- Describe the different data types within Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Create a new table.
- Learn how to create and modify indexes using MorphX.
- Describe relations on Microsoft Dynamics AX tables.
- Learn how to create and modify Enumerated data types.
- Learn how to create and modify views.
- Design and build Forms in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Join two data sources on a form.
- Create customized menus and menu items.
- Create a form using form templates.
- Know the components of a list page.
- Create a new FactBox.
- Describe the elements of Role Based Security in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Setup a new user.
- Assign roles to a user.
- Assign a security role to a user.
- Edit duties assigned to a role.
- Edit privileges assigned to a duty.
- Edit permissions assigned to a privilege.
- Search for roles with access to a menu item.