This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to manage the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2013. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using Site Collections on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
- SharePoint Site Owners
- SharePoint Site Collection Administrators
- SharePoint Administrators and Developers
Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and gets a start in navigation.
- What is SharePoint?
- SharePoint Administrative Roles
- SharePoint Administration Options by Role
Module 2: Users, Groups and Permissions
This module covers the management of SharePoint users and user security.
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
- Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
- Managing User Alerts
Module 3: Site and Site Collection Features
This module covers the use of SharePoint Features to add and remove functionality.
- What is a Feature?
- Activating and Deactivating Features
- Commonly Used Features
Module 4: Managing Sites and Pages
This module covers the creation and management of SharePoint sites and pages.
- Creating Subsites
- Site Templates
- Site Lifecycle and Site Deletion
- Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
- Configuring Navigation Options
- Language Settings
- Adding and Managing Pages
- Working with Web Part Pages
- Frequently Used Web Parts
Module 5: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module covers the use of SharePoint lists and libraries.
- SharePoint Lists and List Features
- Document Libraries
- Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
- Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
- Column and Item Validation
- Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
- Creating List and Library Views
- Working with Office Web Apps
- Organizing Content Using Folders and Metadata
- Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
- Working with the Recycle Bin
- Configuring RSS Feeds
- Configuring Incoming Email
- About Tags and Notes and Ratings
Module 6: Document Management
This module explorers the document management features of libraries.
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Auditing List and Document Activity
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Built-in Content Types
- Managing Business Content Using Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organizer
- An Overview of Records Management
Module 7: SharePoint Workflows
This module provides an overview of the SharePoint 2013 workflow features.
- SharePoint Workflows
- Out of the Box Workflow Demo
Module 8: Monitoring SharePoint Activity
This module covers the use of SharePoint activity reports.
- Usage Reports
- Search Reports
Module 9: SharePoint Apps (Optional)
This module provides explores SharePoint 2013 Apps.
- What is an App?
- Working with Built-in Apps
- The SharePoint App Store
- The Corporate App Store
- Request an App
Module 10: The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
This module covers the use of the SharePoint 2013 Community Site.
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points
Lab: Users, Groups and Permissions
Lab: Site and Site Collection Features
Lab: Managing Sites and Pages
Lab: Working with Lists and Libraries
Lab: Document Management
Lab: SharePoint Workflows
Lab: SharePoint Apps
Lab: The SharePoint Community Site
What You'll Learn
- Manage Sites and Site Collections
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon
- Configure site navigation
- View site activity reports
- Customize lists and libraries
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages and web part pages
April 2016 revision