Dynamics 365 CRM Customization and Configuration with Visual Development
This instructor-led, hands on lab course is intended Individuals wishing to learn or obtain certification in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Customization and Configuration. This course will go over Configuration, Implementation of Entities and fields, how to manage solutions, forms and visualizations as well as business rules and work flows. This course will help you prepare for the MB2-716 Dynamics 365. Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customization and Configuration and Visual Development. (This class supports: Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, Dynamics 365 Plan1, Dynamics CRM 2016, Dynamics CRM 2015 and Dynamics CRM 2013).
You will have FULL use of a Dynamics 365 for Operations lab environment in this class.
Corresponding Exam: MB2-716 Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customization and Configuration
Who should Attend:
The primary audience configures and customizes Dynamics CRM by using the tools available in Dynamics 365 (CRM). This audience typically includes implementation consultants, technical support technicians, and system administrators. .
After completing this course, students will understand the following areas within D365 Finance and Operation:
- How to configure Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Implement MS Dynamics 365 Entities, entity relationships and fields
- Create and manage MS Dynamics 365 solutions, forms, views, and visualizations
- Implement business rules, work flows and process flows
Module 1: Overview of CRM Customization and Configuration
Learn how to use the new tools to support Dynamics CRM.
- Application Module vs. Framework (What you can build and what is provided by Microsoft)
Module 2: Dynamics 365 Customization and Configuration Certification Topics - Exam MB2-716
Note: All Dynamics CRM 2016 certifications expired 1/1/2018. All Dynamics Professionals need to have the new Dynamics 365 Certifications. All Microsoft Dynamics partners will have to gain the new: Cloud Business Applications competency.
- New exams and certifications: MCSA, MBSE
- The Cloud Business Applications competency
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 entities, entity relationships, and fields
- Create & manage D365 solutions, forms, views, & visualizations
- Implement business rules, workflows, and business process flows
- New topics added to the certification exam
Module 3: Dynamics 365 and Office 365
D365 works with many of the Office 365 Applications. Together D365 and O365 can increase productivity and communications for your organization.
- The different options for connecting a D365 and Office 365
- Use Folder Tracking to better track emails
- Use Office Groups for Collaboration
- Setup Server-Side SharePoint Integration
- Configure OneNote Integration
- (D365 and O365 help keep people updated)
Module 4: Customizing and Configuring Dynamics 365 to match your unique business requirements
Tailor D365 to fit your organization today and tomorrow.
- Configuration – Setup and one-time decisions
- Customization – Making D365 match your organizations needs
- Visual Development – Powerful tools with no-programming
- Development – Using D365, Visual Studio and programming in the C# language
- (Customization never ends because your boss has a “new idea!”)
Module 5: Security Model - Enforcing your organization’s security requirements
D365 can support multiple security scenarios. Learn how to establish and administrator a security model that “fits” your organization.
- Overview of the Dynamics 365 Security Model
- Create, Configure and Manage Security Roles
- Users / Teams & Security Roles
- Setting up Hierarchical Security
- (Security give the right people access and denies the wrong people)
Module 6: Working with Dynamics 365 Solutions
The full name is Solution Packages. What is inside a solution is components and objects developed and exported from a D365 system. This could be a small as a single webform or as larger a complete D365 system for a specific industry.
- Dynamics 365 Solutions Overview
- Including Components in Solutions
- Solution Publishers and Versioning
- Solutions Types
- Working with Multiple Solutions
- Export & Import Solutions
Module 7: Entity and Field Customizations
To understand entities, we need to look at the database supporting D365. An Entity is a database table and a Field is a database table column, but there are differences and the term entity refers to the table, columns and associated elements.
- Entities Overview
- Entity Ownership (and why this is important)
- Working with Entity Properties
- System vs. Custom Entities
- D365 Fields (Data Types) (Database Columns)
- Working with Different Field Types
Module 8: Entity Relationships
Entities are linked and pass data is a manor specified by established relationships between entities.
- Overview of Relationships in Dynamics 365
- 1:N, N:1 and N:N Relationships
- Working with Hierarchical Data
- Using Entity Mapping to Pre-Populate Data
- Connection and Connection Roles
Module 9: Customizing Forms
One of the first changes your users will ask if for changes to the visual display. Forms are how D365 display data to users. Form Security also restricts which forms are shown to whom.
- Dynamics 365 Form Types
- How to Build Dynamics 365 Forms
- Specialized Form Components
- Using Access Teams and Sub-Grids for Record Sharing
- Working with Multiple Forms
Module 10: Views and Visualizations
Views are important for two reasons: displaying a set of records to your users and providing the dataset for reports and the visual charts, dashboards.
- Types of Views in Dynamics 365
- Creating and Customizing Views
- Customizing Charts
- Customizing Dashboards
- Using Dynamics 365’s Theming Feature
Module 11: Business Rules
- The New Business Rules Designer
- Business Rules Overview
- Business Rule Structure and Design
- Using Conditions and Actions
Module 12: Business Process Flows
The visual display of progress is useful for tracking the status and displaying on mobile devices.
- The new Visual Process Flow Designer
- Overview of Business Process Flows
- Using Stages, Steps, and Categories
- Reviews Options for Conditional Branching
- Workflows and Business Process Flows
- Role Driven Process Flows
Module 13: Customizing for Mobile
Are you ready to support 1,000+ mobile displays? Don’t bother, design a D365 mobile for and the Mobile App will take care of the 1,000+ mobile devices in the market today.
- Examine Considerations when deploying the mobile client.
- Explore strategies for customizing the mobile client.
- Navigation and Form Considerations
- Custom Controls
- Business Rules vs Client Scripting
- When to consider a custom developed solution
Module 14: Building your own Apps with the Dynamics 365 App Designer
The current trend is for more Visual Designers, Visual Tools and less programming. This module shows you how to use the new Visual Tools in D365.
- The new modular Business Applications in Dynamics 365
- Using App Designer to Create Apps
- Learn how to build modular business applications with App Modules
- Understand how to configure App Modules
Module 15: Customization Sitemap Navigation
How you can make the top level navigation only show the areas your organizations will use or adding new sections to your D365.
- Editing the Sitemap
- Choosing the best Sitemap for your organization
- Example of Sitemaps for Sales, Service and Government
- New Sitemap Visual Editor
- XRMToolBox and XRMTools
Module 16: Customizing the Command Bar Ribbon
Often you want to make a new command available or hide “delete” from specific users.
- Adding new Buttons and custom command
- Controlling Commands with Security Roles
- Controlling Commands by editing the Ribbon
- Linking to Internet Information sources
- Candidates need a working knowledge of Dynamics 365 (CRM) features and functionality, as well as a working knowledge of development, implementation, and data structures.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.