Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $1595, Length: 2 days
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector - Financials
This two-day instructor-led course, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector-Financials, provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform advanced tasks by using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
Who Should Attend
The intended audience includes customers who want to learn the features and develop a working knowledge of the typical bookkeeping and accounting processes that are required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
The class is intended for accounting managers, accountants, bookkeepers, accounts payable and receivable managers, budgeting managers, project managers, and other people in public sector organizations responsible for the setup and administration of various accounting functionalities.
Module 1: Overview
This module provides a general overview of public sector accounting requirements and the features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
- Public Sector Requirements
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector Features
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector License
- Describe the requirements of the public sector industry.
- Describe features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
- Verify the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector license.
Module 2: Account Setup
This module concentrates on how to set up the account structures and financial dimensions for the organization.
- Overview of General Ledger Setup
- Configure Account Structures
- Create Financial Dimensions
- Set Up a Chart of Accounts
Module 3: Budgeting
This module concentrates on how to create budgets and use budget control.
- Budgeting Overview
- Configure Budget Control
- Create an Original Budget
- Work with Budgets
- Use Budget Control
- Process a Provisional Budget
- Process an Apportionment Budget
- Budget Reporting
Module 4: General Ledger
This module focuses on functionalities in the General ledger module. It discusses the various activities related to commitment accounting, distributing of line amounts, and modifying transactions. Additionally, steps to perform general ledger year-end activities are discussed.
- Distribute Line Amounts across Ledger Accounts
- Advanced Ledger Entries
- Commitment Accounting
- Perform Encumbrance Year-End Processes
- Perform General Ledger Year-End Processes
Module 5: Procurement and Accounts Payable
This module focuses on purchase-, invoice-, and vendor-related activities. It explains steps for creating and invoicing purchase agreements, confirming an unplanned purchase, and invoicing payments to various vendor bank accounts. It also discusses setting up 1099 information and assigning a DUNS+4 number for vendors.
- Manage Purchase Agreements
- Manage Unplanned Purchases
- Purchase Order Year-End Processing
- Invoice a Purchase Agreement without a Release Order
- Track and Report 1099 Information
- Assign a New DUNS+4 Number
- Disburse Invoice Payments to Multiple Vendor Bank Accounts
Module 6: Accounts Receivable
This module explains how to set up billing codes and classifications. It also focuses on processing invoices, payments, dunning documents according to a billing classification, processing settlements in a pooled cash scenario, and how to add attributes for customer reporting.
- Set Up Billing Codes
- Set Up Billing Classifications
- Process Free Text Invoices by Billing Classification
- Process Recurring Invoices by Billing Classification
- Process Payments by Billing Classification
- Process Dunning Documents by Billing Classification
- Process Settlements in a Pooled Cash Setup
- Add Customer Attributes
Module 7: Project Accounting
This module reviews the process of creating and revising a project budget, performing budget control on the project budget, and allocating it across periods. Also, you will learn how to handle grant management, and manage multiple funding sources.
- Perform Project Budget Control
- Manage Grants
- Manage Multiple Funding Sources
Module 8: Role Centers and Reports
In this module , you will be shown various Role Center webpages available in Enterprise Portal. It also discusses how to generate reports and set up derived financial hierarchies.
- Role Centers
- Generate Accounts Receivable Reports
- Generate Customer Reports
- Generate Payment Approval Report
- Generate Budget Control Reports
- Perform Financial Analysis with Derived Financial Hierarchies
Lab: Create a Fund Entity
Lab: Set Up a Chart of Accounts
Lab: Configure Budget Control
Lab: Process a Provisional Budget
Lab: Post an Apportionment Budget
Lab: Distribute Line Amounts across Ledger Accounts
Lab: Perform Commitment Accounting
Lab: Perform General Ledger Year-End Processes
Lab: Manage Purchase Agreements
Lab: Create a Confirming Purchase Order
Lab: Generate 1099-S Tax Reports
Lab: Set Up Billing Codes
Lab: Create a Free Text Invoice Using a Billing Code
Lab: Set Up Billing Classifications
Lab: Process Free Text Invoices by Billing Classification
Lab: Process Recurring Invoices by Billing Classification
Lab: Process and Settle Payments by Billing Classification
Lab: Process Reimbursements by Billing Classification
Lab: Process Dunning Documents by Billing Classification
Lab: Use Customer Reporting Attributes
Lab: Manage Multiple Funding Sources
Lab: Generate Accounts Receivable Reports by Billing Classification
Lab: Generate a Customer Report
Lab: Generate a Budget Control Report
Lab: Set Up Derived Financial Hierarchies
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
- Set up the account structures and financial dimensions for the organization.
- Perform financial budget-related activities in the Budgeting module.
- Perform activities related to commitment accounting, transactions, and line amounts in the General ledger module.
- Perform activities related to purchases, invoices, and vendor details in the Procurement and sourcing and Accounts payable modules.
- Perform activities related to payments due in the Accounts receivable module.
- Perform project accounting activities in the Project management and accounting module.
- Describe Role Centers and generate public sector-related reports.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.