Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $2995, Length: 3 days
Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
This three-day instructor-led course, Installation and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic installation and configuration tasks in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for customers who want to learn how to install and configure Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
This class is intended for IT managers, system administrators, network engineers, database administrators, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and configuration of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
Module 1: Overview and Planning
This module provides an overview of the installation process and describes the servers used in the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 environment.
- Server Setup
- Domain Accounts
- Planning Hardware and Software
- RAID Subsystem
- Disaster Recovery
- Staff Skills Review
- Naming Convention
Module 2: Installation
This module provides details on how to install Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Setup Utility
- Install an Environment
- Perform a Single-Computer Installation
- Configuration Utilities
- Install Microsoft Dynamics AX in Silent Mode
- Office Add-Ins
- Initialization Checklist
Module 3: Managing Users and Security
This module shows how to use manage users using the security framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Security Overview
- Adding Users
- Adding Active Directory Groups
- Role Based Security
- Extensible Data Security Framework
- Customizing Security
Module 4: Services
This module reviews Services and the Application Integration Framework within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Services Overview
- Integration and Planning
- Infrastructure and Deployment
- Troubleshoot and Monitor Services
Module 5: Workflow
This module shows how to setup and maintain Workflow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- General Features
- Create a Workflow
- Graphical Workflow Editor
- Configure an Approval Element
- Configure Decisions
- Configure a Parallel Activity
- Configure a Sub Workflow
- Configure Line-Item Workflows
- Configure Tasks
- Completing a Workflow Configuration
- Workflow Types
- Inquiries and Reports
Module 6: Analytics
This module reviews installing and configuring cubes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Cube Overview
- Installation and Deployment
Module 7: Reporting
This module reviews the SSRS reporting architecture within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Planning Considerations for Reporting
- Batch Support
- Installation and Deployment
- Configure Report Servers
- Security Considerations
Module 8: Enterprise Portal
In this module Enterprise Portal concepts are discussed including: installation, security, deployment, authentication, configuration and administration.
- About Enterprise Portal
- Security and Authentication
- Configuration and Administration
Module 9: Administration
In this module concepts used to administer Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 are discussed.
- Model Management
- System Monitoring
- System Administration
- Set Up and Manage Emails
- Set Up and Manage Batch Processing
- Set Up and Manage Alerts
Module 10: Organization Model
This module reviews scenarios setup for the new organization hierarchy.
- About Organizations and Organizational Hierarchies
- Plan the Organizational Hierarchy
- Working with Legal Entities
- Working with Operational Units
- Working with Organizational Hierarchies
- Organization Hierarchy Examples
Lab: Install a test environment including a database with a model, and an AOS.
Lab: Add a User
Lab: Grant a User Access to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
Lab: Add a Role
Lab: Set Up an Enhanced Inbound Port
Lab: Install Web Services on IIS
Lab: Configure an Approval on a Workflow
Lab: Create a Work Item Queue
Lab: Deploying Default Cubes
Lab: Configuring Default Cubes
Lab: Setup a Report as Batch
Lab: Deploy Reports
Lab: Manage Models
Lab: Set Up a Batch Job
Lab: Set up an Alert Rule
Lab: Organizational Hierarchies
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review the main concepts of Installation and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Discuss the architecture and requirements of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Install Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Add users to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and assign them to roles in the organization.
- Understand the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 role based security architecture.
- Describe architecture for Services and the Application Integration Framework.
- Setup an inbound port using services.
- Install services on IIS.
- Explain the capabilities of workflow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Configure an approval workflow.
- Use the SQL Server Analysis Services Project Wizard.
- Discuss the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 reporting architecture.
- Deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Deploy and configure Enterprise Portal.
- Manage Models in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Setup alerts, email, and batch processing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
- Discuss the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 organization model at a high level.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.