Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $1595, Length: 2 days
Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
See course #802871 AX Financials Boot Camp for available dates for this course
The two-day course, Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 examines and teaches students how to use the Fixed asset functionality in the application. The course focuses on the various setup requirements for Fixed Assets, transactions, and reports and inquiries.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals on the implementation team, administrating or using the Fixed Assets and Financial management modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This audience typically includes individuals who are tasked with assessing a customer's business needs and advising them on the use, configuration and customization of the application. Additionally, individuals responsible for training or supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 benefit from this course.
Module 1: Introduction
This module provides an overview of fixed assets and its integration with other modules.
- Fixed Assets Overview
- Integration with Other Modules
Module 2: Setup Procedures
This module focuses on the setup procedures that are required for the Fixed assets module.
- System Setup for Fixed Assets
- Fixed Assets Module Setup
- Depreciation Methods
- Depreciation Conventions
- Depreciation Books Overview
- Extended Functionality Features - Provision Types and Bonus Depreciation
- Mass Update Depreciation Conventions for a Depreciation Book
Module 3: Setup of Assets
This module focuses on the setup of assets.
- Fixed Assets Form
- Set Up Assets
- Lend Assets
- Assign Bar Codes to Assets
- Asset Budgeting
- Project Module Integration to Fixed AssetsLab: Set Up a Fixed Asset
Module 4: Asset Transactions
This module focuses on the different fixed asset Transaction Types, and detailed methods for recording those transactions.
- Typical Fixed Asset Transaction Types
- Record Acquisitions
- Create and Acquire Fixed Assets from Purchasing
- Record Depreciation
- Record Value Adjustments
- Record Disposals
- Transaction Reversals
- Replacement Cost and Insured Value Update
- Copy Fixed Assets and Change Fixed Asset Groups
- Fixed Asset AdditionsLab: Acquiring an Asset Using the Fixed Assets Journal
Module 5: Inquiries and Reports
This module focuses on how to run inquiries and reports in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Lab: Set Up Main Accounts
Lab: Set Up a Number Sequence
Lab: Set Up a Depreciation Profile
Lab: Set Up Value Models
Lab: Set Up a Fixed Asset Group
Lab: Set Up a Posting Profile
Lab: Acquiring an Asset Using the Inventory to Fixed Assets Journal
Lab: Depreciating an Asset Using a Proposal
Lab: Dispose of an Asset Using the Fixed Assets Journal
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define fixed assets and describe the integration of the Fixed assets module with General ledger, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Project accounting, and Inventory management modules.
- Set up the Fixed assets module.
- Set up assets.
- Compare different fixed asset Transaction Types and methods for recording transactions.
- Run inquiries and reports.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.