Price: $350, Length: 1 day
Visio 2013 Introduction
From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Visio provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for persons who are new to Visio and who will be using Microsoft Visio to create basic work- flows and perform end-to-end flowcharting.
To ensure your success, you will need to be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
Note: Visio 2013 is not available for Windows XP.
LESSON 1: GETTING STARTED WITH VISIO 2013
- Topic A: Navigate the Visio Environment
- Topic B: Use Backstage Commands
- Topic C: Save a File
LESSON 2: CREATING A WORKFLOW DIAGRAM
- Topic A: Use Drawing Components
- Topic B: Modify a Drawing
- Topic C: Callouts and Groups
LESSON 3: CREATING AN ORGANIZATION CHART
- Topic A: Create a Basic Organization Chart
- Topic B: Modify an Organization Chart
LESSON 4: MAKING A FLOOR PLAN
- Topic A: Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Topic B: Model a Room Layout
LESSON 5: CREATING A CROSS-FUNCTIONAL FLOWCHART
- Topic A: Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Topic B: Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
LESSON 6: CREATING A NETWORK DIAGRAM
- Topic A: Network Diagrams
- Topic B: Use Shape Data
- Topic C: Use Layers
LESSON 7: STYLING A DIAGRAM
- Topic A: Shape and Connector Styles
- Topic B: Themes and Variants
- Topic C: Use Containers
We look forward to your success!!!
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.