Price: $395, Length: 1 day
Access 2013 - Level 3
You’ve covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft® Office Access® and now you’re ready to learn advanced Access features such as, database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multi-user access and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. Today’s training added to that which you’ve gained from the previous two days round out your Access education and provide you with marketable job skills.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exams for Microsoft Access 2013.
Who Should Attend
Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Access 2013 and need to learn advanced skills.
This course is also for students who seek the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and who want to prepare for Exam 77-885, Microsoft Office 2013.
To ensure your success in your course you should have experience working with Microsoft Access 2013, including a working knowledge of database design and creation, form design and creation, report design and creation, a working knowledge of database querying and the various table relationships. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2013: Part 2
LESSON 1: IMPLEMENTING ADVANCED FORM DESIGN
- Topic A: Add Controls to Forms
- Topic B: Create Subforms
- Topic C: Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Topic D: Enhance Navigation of Forms
- Topic E: Apply Conditional Formatting
LESSON 2: USING DATA VALIDATION
- Topic A: Field and Record Validation
- Topic B: Form Validation
LESSON 3: USING MACROS TO IMPROVE USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- Topic A: Create a Macro
- Topic B: Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Topic C: Validate Data Using a Macro
- Topic D: Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
- Topic E: Convert a Macro to VBA
LESSON 4: USING ADVANCED DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Topic A: Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic B: Manage a Database
- Topic C: Determine Object Dependency
- Topic D: Document a Database
- Topic E: Analyze the Performance of a Database
LESSON 5: DISTRIBUTING AND SECURING A DATABASE
- Topic A: Splitting a Database for Multiple User Access
- Topic B: Implement Security
- Topic C: Set Passwords
- Topic D: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic E: Package a Database with a Digital Signature
LESSON 6: MANAGING SWITCHBOARDS
- Topic A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic C: Set Startup Options
- Appendix A: Microsoft Office Access 2013 Exam 77-424
- Appendix B: Microsoft Access 2013 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
We look forward to your success!!!
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.