Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $395, Length: 1 day
Access 2013 - Level 2
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Access® 2013 has given you basic database management skills such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, share data across applications, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2013 will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exams for Microsoft Access 2013.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases, performing database maintenance, creating advanced queries and reports, or integrating Access with other programs.
To ensure your success, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access® 2013: Part 1, or possess equivalent knowledge.
LESSON 1: DESIGNING A RELATIONAL DATABASE
- Topic A: Relational Database Design
- Topic B: Create a Table
- Topic C: Create Table Relationships
LESSON 2: JOINING TABLES
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Join Tables That Have No Common Fields
- Topic C: Relate Data within a Table
- Topic D: Work with Subdatasheets
- Topic E: Create Subqueries
LESSON 3: ORGANIZING A DATABASE FOR EFFICIENCY
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Create a Junction Table
- Topic C: Improve Table Structure
LESSON 4: SHARING DATA ACROSS APPLICATIONS
- Topic A: Import Data into Access
- Topic B: Export Data to Text File Formats
- Topic C: Export Access Data to Excel
- Topic D: Create a Mail Merge
LESSON 5: ADVANCED REPORTING
- Topic A: Organize Report Information
- Topic B: Format Reports
- Topic C: Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Topic D: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic E: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Appendix A: Additional Reporting Options
- Appendix B: Microsoft Office Access 2013 Exam 77-424
- Appendix C: Microsoft Access 2013 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.