Price: $1495, Length: 2 days
Dynamics 365 Portals - Customize and Manage (CRM) - Unified Interface
IMPORTANT NOTE: as of 12/13/2019 and for all course deliveries taking place on 12/13/2019 or later for this course, all deliveries of this course shall correspond to "Dynamics 365 Portals - Unified Interface View" which shall also be delivered on the Dynamics 365 (CRM) "Unified Interface View" (i.e. not delivered on the Classic View and shall NOT include ANY reference to PowerApps Portals) and furthermore please note a specific caveat: that all custom courseware and materials for all deliveries of this particular course (if provided at our courtesy), including but not limited to custom lab guides and custom lab materials, may be scoped to the Classic View only - if you enroll in this version of the class, the instructor shall demonstrate, live, on the Unified Interface version, however you hereby agree that all custom course materials that are provided to you may actually be documented on the Classic View only for this course.
- if you want the Classic version of this class please see this course
- if you want the PowerApps Portals version of this class, please see this course.
- Unsure what in the world is the key difference, really, between Dynamics 365 Classic View, Dynamics 365 Unified Interface View and PowerApps Portals? Well, there is a key difference between the three. Get clear examples and a clear understanding of the difference by clicking here.
Dynamics 365 (CRM) Portals Custom Training Course
In this lab-intensive, hands-on rich custom Dynamics 365 Portals training course, you should expect in-class, direct live experience working with at least all of the following:
- Hands-on Custom Lab: How to Modify an Existing Portal Page's Content Immediately
- Knowing where to go in Dynamics 365 to change the content, page title and header text.
- Hands-on Custom Lab: How to create a new Dynamics 365 Portals Page and add it to the Navigation.
- New Web Page
- Adding content to the New Web page from Dynamics 365
- Adding the new page to the Portal Site Navigation in the order you want.
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Understanding the Dynamics 365 Portal Web Page Structure - Web Pages - Page Templates - Web Templates - Content Snippets
- Page Templates and Web Templates – how they are connected.
- How to add and edit specific Liquid tags and understanding the Liquid templating language as specifically related to Portals.
- How to understand what part of your Portals site page corresponds to what specific Web Template.
- Understanding what Liquid Tags correspond to what rendered parts of the Portal site pages, and how to make modifications and additions.
- Understanding the Header and Footer
- Understanding Content Snippets
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Deeply Understanding Dynamics 365 Portal Elements by Modifying Them
- Getting to Dynamics 365 Portals and getting to your Portal
- Modifying the Content of the Editable Block for a custom page.
- Changing a Web Template's Content
- Understanding a little-known feature to make your life easier working with Portals and refreshing Portal content almost instantly.
- Web Roles – like “Administrator” – what they do – and how to assign them to Portal users on your system.
- Understanding a little-known reason why Dynamics 365 Portals may not be accepting your layout changes on some specific pages, and little-known things you can do to make sure your changes are accepted on those pages.
- Changing a Web template for a Web Page.
- Changing the Header Web Template
- Changing the Footer Web Template
- Changing an Editable Content Snippet
- Changing what comes before an Editable Content Snippet
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Understanding Entity Lists in Dynamics 365 Portals
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Understanding How the "New, Simplified Embedded Portal Content Editor" Empowers Users with the proper permissions (such as users with the "Web Role" of "Administrators") To More Easily Edit Portal Content Directly in the Portal Website, Without Needing to Use Dynamics 365
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Understanding and Creating Dynamics 365 Portal Entity Forms
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Using Liquid Variables and Liquid Control Flow (if / elsif / else condition) to make an Entity Form only show up on a specific Web Page
- Hands-on Custom Lab: Understanding and Adding Web Forms
IMPORTANT: Please be informed that for the purposes of our Policies, this entire package is considered as a "consulting" and "custom training" package, with all elements being considered as "consulting" and "custom training."
IMPORTANT: This class may be scoped to ANY portal of the Instructor's choosing and the Instructor reserves the right to choose only one Portal as the basis of the class. For example, if the Instructor chooses the "Customer Self-Service" portal, then the Instructor reserves the right to deliver this course only using the "Customer Self-Service" portal in particular as the basis of the course with no obligation to demonstrate any other Portals.
IMPORTANT: For all deliveries for this course held on 01/01/2020 or later: you hereby agree that only one kind of any kind of Portal licenses of our choice (e.g. PowerApps Portal, Dynamics 365 Portal Add On and so forth) may be used for this course delivery, and you also hereby agree that due to the time consuming nature of portal deployment, you may be given a portal for class that has already been deployed for you in advance instead of shown how to deploy and then waiting a long time for the deployment. You also hereby agree that deploying a portal is outside the scope for this class - if included, it would be included on a case-by-case courtesy basis. Please note you also hereby agree that Azure or Office 365 Administration,licensing, or tenant management of any kind is outside the scope of this course and if included, would be included on a case-by-case courtesy basis. Please also note that NO post-course support / lab / tenant access is included, and if it is, it would be on a case-by-case courtesy basis as well.
We look forward to your great success.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.