Price: $695, Length: 1 day
80576: Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 to 2018
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Fixed Assets course describes the processes required to enter, depreciate, and retire fixed assets. This course also demonstrates how to perform additional related functions such as changing asset information, mass changes, partial transfers and partial retirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for someone wanting to learn the basic features and to develop a working knowledge of the typical day-to-day procedures required to effectively use Fixed Assets. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators; accountants, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics GP and gain foundational knowledge of the application's functionality.
Module 1: Overview and Setup Procedures
This module provides an overview of the features and benefits of using Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics GP in an integrated environment. It examines the options available to customize this module to reflect the way your organization does business. You will learn how to set up assets to track depreciation information for a company and will discuss how to use asset classes and asset books to organize asset data.
- Features and Benefits
- Fixed Assets Processes and Integration
- Configure the Fixed Assets Calendar
- Enter Account Groups
- Enter Fixed Assets Post Accounts
- Create Insurance and Asset Class Records
- Create Book Records
- Create Book Class Records
- Fixed Assets Company Setup
- Create Location and Physical Location Records
- Create Lease, Retirement and Structure Records
- Fixed Assets User Preferences
- Enter Existing Assets
Module 2: Daily Procedures
This module defines the ways that assets can be added in Fixed Assets. It explores the Payables Management and Purchase Order Processing interface and how to import new asset additions using the Asset Import/Export window. The major focus of this chapter is the interface from Payables and Purchase Order to Fixed Assets.
- Asset General Information
- Asset Account Information
- Asset Book Information
- Asset Insurance and Lease Records
- Asset User Data
- Payables Management Interface
- Purchase Order Processing Interface
Module 3: Maintaining Records
This module examines the functionality available to maintain Fixed Assets records. The process to perform depreciation projections, asset transfers, and asset retirements is discussed in detail. The utilities that ensure the integrity of data such as file maintenance, reconcile, and deleting assets are examined. It also discusses the Inquiry windows and reports that can be generated from the Fixed Assets module.
- Select Assets
- Depreciation Projections
- Changing Asset Information
- Transferring Assets
- Retire Assets
- Retire Undo
- Asset Utilities
- Using Inquiries
- Report Options and Printing
- Report List
Module 4: Period-End Procedures
This module examines the processes that are completed at the end of the month, period, calendar, and fiscal year. It focuses on issues that may cause Fixed Assets to be out of balance with the General Ledger. It also discusses the reports that should be printed prior to performing the closing process.
- Period-End Procedures
- Year-End Procedures
Lab: Account Group Setup
Lab: Purchasing Posting Accounts Setup
Lab: Class Setup
Lab: Book Setup
Lab: Book Class Setup
Lab: Fixed Assets Company Setup
Lab: Asset General Information
Lab: Asset Book Information
Lab: Asset Book ITC Information
Lab: Payables Management Interface
Lab: Enter a Purchase Order for a Capital Item
Lab: Receive the Capital Item
Lab: Enter a Capital Item in Fixed Assets
Lab: Select Assets
Lab: Depreciation Projection
Lab: Mass Change
Lab: Transfer an Asset
Lab: Partial Retirement
Lab: Retire Undo
Lab: Fixed Assets to General Ledger Posting
What You'll Learn
- Create asset records, asset books, asset classes, and asset book classes.
- Maintain asset records using transfers, changes, and retirements.
- Depreciate assets and post depreciation from Fixed Assets to General Ledger.
- Understand the possible integration points Fixed Assets has with other Microsoft Dynamics GP modules.
- Identify available utilities that are used to manage asset records.
We look forward to your great success.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.