Payables Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 to 2018
The one-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Payables Management course examines the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter vendor invoices and process checks. This course also shows you how to perform additional functions such as adjustments, prepayments, month-end closing, and cash flow control.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for customers wanting to learn the basic features and to develop a working knowledge of the typical day-to-day procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics GP Payables Management. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Payables Management and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
Module 1: Overview and Setup Procedures
This module discusses the necessary setup options to start using Payables Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP. It discusses the general setup windows, and also key record setups including vendors and vendor classes.
- Features and Benefits
- Payables Management Setup
- Payables Setup Options
- Vendor Class Maintenance
- Vendor Class Accounts Setup
- Vendor Maintenance
- Vendor Maintenance Options
- Vendor Address Maintenance
- Vendor Account Maintenance
- Beginning Balances
- Vendor History
Module 2: Daily Procedures
This module explains the different types of transactions that can be entered in Payables Management. Transactions discussed include invoices, credit memos, debit memos and scheduled payment invoices.
- Batch Entry
- Payables Transaction Entry
- Scheduled Payments Entry
- Post Scheduled Payments
Module 3: Entering Payments
This module explains how to enter payments made to vendors. It discusses entering manual payments and generating checks to pay vendors.
- Payables Manual Payment Entry
- Computer Checks - Select Checks
- Edit Payables Checks
- Edit Payables Check Batches
- Print and Post Checks
- Apply Payables Documents
- Batch Recovery
Module 4: Intercompany Transactions
This module discusses the capabilities and use of intercompany transactions in Payables Management.
- Define Intercompany Relationships
- Enter Intercompany Transactions
- Post Intercompany Transactions in General Ledger
- View Intercompany Transactions in Inquiry
Module 5: Maintaining Records
This module focuses on how to manage vendor relationships and the transaction data that you collect from purchasing transactions. Also included in this module is information about reporting and inquiry on vendors and transactions that are associated with purchasing.
- Vendor and Transaction Holds
- Void Open Payables Transactions
- Void Historical Transactions
- Edit Payables Transactions
- Change or Delete Vendor Records
- Remove History
- Use Inquiries
- Report Options and Printing
- Report Groups
Module 6: Period-End Procedures
This module discusses period-end closings and the recommended steps that must be completed at each closing. Many of the steps are optional.
- Closing a Period
- Close the Calendar Year
- Close the Fiscal Year
Lab: Payables Management Setup
Lab: Setting up a New Vendor Class
Lab: Setting up a New Vendor
Lab: Enter an Invoice
Lab: Enter and Pay an Invoice
Lab: Enter a Credit Memo
Lab: Payables Scheduled Payments
Lab: Manual Payments, Credit Card
Lab: Manual Payments, Enter a Prepayment
Lab: Select Checks
Lab: Edit Payables Checks; Adding a Payment
Lab: Edit Payables Checks; Removing a Vendor/Voucher
Lab: Printing and Posting Checks
Lab: Applying Payables Documents
Lab: Transaction Holds
Lab: Void an Open Transaction
Lab: Void a Historical Transaction
Lab: Edit Transaction Information
Lab: Delete a Vendor
Lab: Remove History
Lab: Close Fiscal Periods
Lab: Year-End Closing
What You'll Learn
- Set up Payables Management and identify the customizable options available in the setup windows.
- Perform all Payables Management related data entry functions including vendor invoicing, check processing, recurring vouchers, and manual checks.
- Select documents for payment and make appropriate adjustments to payment amounts prior to check processing.
- Correct input errors using the Edit Transaction Information window.
- Perform maintenance on Payables Management documents and other records such as vendors and recurring invoices.
- Understand the steps and requirements to void checks and invoices.
- Use inquiries or print reports to verify data and perform financial analysis for audit trail purposes.
- Identify the impact of Payables Management on other areas of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.