Price: $1675, Length: 2 days
Note: For additional questions and clarification, you may reach Bill Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org or on his following contact details: Office- (510) 804-3600 & Cell- (415) 200-6969
This hands-on Hadoop course teaches Data Analysts, BI Analysts, BI Developers, SAS Developers and other types of analysts who need to answer questions and analyze Big Data stored in a Hadoop cluster how to develop applications and analyze Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Hive. Students will learn the details of Hadoop, YARN, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), an overview of MapReduce, and a deep dive into using Hive to perform data analytics on Big Data.
Students will work through lab exercises using the Hortonworks Data Platform for Windows to issue HDFS commands to add/remove files and folders from HDFS, run and monitor MapReduce jobs, retrieve HCatalog schemas from within a Pig script, perform a join of datasets and use advanced Hive features like windowing, views and multi-file inserts.
- Students should be familiar with SQL and have a minimal understanding of programming principles. No prior Hadoop knowledge is required.
- Understand the architecture of the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and how HDFS Federation works in Hadoop
- Use the Hadoop client to input data into HDFS
- Understand the various tools & frameworks in Hadoop 2.0 ecosystem
- Use Sqoop to transfer data between Hadoop and a relational database
- Understand the architecture of MapReduce and run a MapReduce job on Hadoop 2.0
- Understand how Hive tables are defined and implemented
- Write efficient Hive queries and use Hive to run SQL-like queries to perform data analysis
- Perform data analytics on Big Data using Hive
- Use HCatalog with Hive
We look forward to your great success!!!
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.