Price: $2995, Length: 5 days
Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services (20697-2)
This Course is SATV Eligible†
Please use this link to access Course # 2069712 for dates as part of the Combo Course that includes both 20697-1 and 20697-2, or call for more information
See course #2069712 for dates for the Combo course of Both 20697-1 & 20697-2
This 5-day course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access using technologies related to Group Policy, Remote Access, and Device Registration. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Azure Rights Management are introduced. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite which provide identity and access management, cloud-based device, application, and update management, and secure data access to information stored both in the cloud and on any location within your corporate network.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.This course is also intended to provide skills for individuals who seek to pass the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam.This course is related to the course:20697A-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges and solutions for desktop and device management in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 Enterprise desktops.
- Manage user profiles and user state virtualization.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Manage remote access solutions.
- Configure and manage client Hyper-V.
- Manage Windows 10 devices by using enterprise mobility solutions.
- Manage desktop and mobile clients by using Microsoft Intune.
- Manage updates and endpoint protection by using Microsoft Intune.
- Manage application and resource access by using Microsoft Intune.
Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
This module explains the most current trends and information related to desktop and device management in the enterprise. It also provides an overview on how to extend device management to the cloud.
- Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
- Managing a Mobile Workforce
- Supporting Devices in the Enterprise
- Extending IT Management and Services to the Cloud
Module 2: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
This module explains the various deployment scenarios of Windows 10 and the considerations to keep in mind while performing these deployments. This module also explains how to deploy Windows 10 by using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK) and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). This module also explains how to maintain Windows 10 by using DISM and Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD).
- Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
- Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
- Deploying Windows 10 by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
- Managing Volume License Activation for Windows 10
Module 3: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
This module explains user states and user state virtualization and explains how to deploy and maintain user experience virtualization (UE-V). This module also explains how to use tools such as ScanState and LoadState to migrate user states.
- Managing User Profile and User State
- Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Configuring User Experience Virtualization
- Managing User State Migration
Module 4: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
This module explains the concept of identity and the methods to enhance identity security. This module also explains cloud identities and the use of Azure Active Directory Premium in enterprise organizations
- Overview of Enterprise Identity
- Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
This module explains how to manage Group Policy inheritance, administrative templates, and common enterprise desktop settings. This module also explains how to apply policies using targeting and filtering.
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring Enterprise Desktops Using Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy Preferences
Module 6: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
This module explains how to implement Device Registrations and Work Folders. This module also explains how to configure and share data stored in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Overview of Data Access Solutions
- Implementing Device Registration
- Implementing Work Folders
- Managing Online Data Using Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
Module 7: Managing Remote Access Solutions
This module explains how to configure a virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess in Windows 10. This module also explains how to publish applications in Microsoft Azure RemoteApp.
- Overview of Remote Access Solutions
- Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
- Using DirectAccess with Windows 10
- Supporting RemoteApp
Module 8: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
This module explains how to create virtual switches, virtual hard disks, and virtual machines.
- Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring Virtual Switches
- Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
Module 9: Managing Windows 10 Devices Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
This module explains the use of the Enterprise Mobility Suite and its components, Azure Active Directory Premium, Azure Rights Management, and Microsoft Intune.
- Overview of the Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Overview of Azure Rights Management
- Overview of Microsoft Intune
Module 10: Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to configure and assign configuration policies. This module also explains how to create Mobile Device Management (MDM) policies and enroll mobile devices to Intune.
- Deploying the Intune Client Software
- Overview of Microsoft Intune Policies
- Mobile Device Management Using Intune
Module 11: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to configure updates and Endpoint Protection settings and reports.
- Managing Updates Using Microsoft Intune
- Monitoring Windows 10
- Managing Endpoint Protection
Module 12: Application and Resource Access Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to use the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher and deploy applications to managed clients. This module also explains the use of certificate profiles, Wi-Fi profiles, and VPN profiles to control access to company resources..
- Overview of Application Management Using Intune
- The Application Deployment Process
- Controlling Access to Company Resources
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.
†SATV eligibility changes frequently and varies based on a set of criteria that changes often. Any courses on this page that are claimed to be SATV eligible are subject to manual review on a case-by-case basis - if any course is found upon manual review to not be SATV eligible for any reason, then SATV vouchers cannot be applied to the course.