Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $2995, Length: 5 days
Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10
This Course is SATV Eligible†
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. Students taking this course are expected that have a good understanding of Windows 10 configuration and features and how these features can be used in enterprise environment. This course focuses on how to troubleshoot issues with Windows 10 devices.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an Enterprise offers the service, the EDST is asked to support it. The key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10 installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; and device synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local and remote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers; authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery. The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the 70-697, Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 10.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 PC.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs remotely.
- Troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
- Recover a PC running Windows 10.
Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
This module explains how to describe the processes involved in establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology. Module also covers various Windows 10 fundamentals, high level architecture and often used troubleshooting tools.
- Overview of Windows 10
- Introduction to the EDST Job Role
- Overview of the Troubleshooting Steps
- Troubleshooting Tools
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
This module explains how to enable students to troubleshoot startup issues and OS services on a computer with Windows 10 installed. This module introduces potential problems that can cause startup issues in Windows 10. It also provides an overview of the Windows startup process, including the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and Boot Configuration Data (BCD).
- Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives Resolving a Startup Problem (2) Resolving a Startup Problem (3)
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
This module explains how to enable students to resolve issues related to device drivers and hardware devices.
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
This module covers how to troubleshoot a remote Windows 10 computer by using Remote Desktop (RD), Windows Remote Assistance and Windows PowerShell remoting.
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
This module explains how to identify network settings and troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity in wired and wireless networks, IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, and name resolution.
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Name Resolution
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
This module provides an overview of the Group Policy application and describes how to resolve issues in client configuration GPO application.
- Overview of Group Policy Application
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
This module explains the cause of sign in problems in order to detect the issues and how to troubleshoot them.
- Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
- Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
This module explains how to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues when a virtual private network (VPN) or DirectAccess is used.
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess Lab : Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain
This module explains how to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are domain members. It explains how to troubleshoot file permission issues, encrypting file system (EFS) and printer access issues.
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
- Recovering Encrypted File
- Troubleshoot printer access issues.
Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Client that are Not Domain Members
This module explains how to enable students to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Device Registration
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
This module explains how to troubleshoot application installation issues and problems in the desktop and Windows Store apps.
- Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
This module explains how to troubleshoot activation issues and performance issues in Windows 10. It also explains how to apply and troubleshoot Windows updates.
- Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Performance
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating System
This module explains how to use file recovery and troubleshoot deleted files. It also covers how to recover a Windows 10 computer.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Recovering an OS
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.
†SATV eligibility changes frequently and varies based on a set of criteria that changes often. Any courses on this page that are claimed to be SATV eligible are subject to manual review on a case-by-case basis - if any course is found upon manual review to not be SATV eligible for any reason, then SATV vouchers cannot be applied to the course.