Save money and get your team trained. With a group of 5 or more people, you have special options. Click the button below to request a special quote for your team now!Request Group Quote
Price: $695, Length: 2 days
Access 2016 Intermediate
Microsoft Office Access 2016 Intermediate
About this course:
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Access® 2016 has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, validate data entered into a database, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2016 will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Access 2016.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases, performing database maintenance, or creating advanced queries and reports.
In this course, you will create and manage an Access 2016 database.
• Design a relational database.
• Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
• Validate data entered into a database.
• Use advanced queries to manipulate your data.
• Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
• Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
Module 1: Designing a Relational Database
- Topic A: Relational Database Design
- Topic B: Create a Table
- Topic C: Create Table Relationships
Module 2: Joining Tables
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Relate Data Within a Table
- Topic C: Work with Subdatasheets
Module 3: Using Data Validation
- Topic A: Use Field Validation
- Topic B: Use Form and Record Validation
Module 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Parameter Queries
- Topic B: Summarize Data
- Topic C: Create Subqueries
- Topic D: Create Action Queries
- Topic E: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Module 5: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Create a Junction Table
- Topic C: Improve Table Structure
Module 6: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Topic A: Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Add a Sub report to an Existing Report
To ensure your success, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1or possess equivalent knowledge. It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following Logical Operations courses, or any similar courses in general Microsoft Windows skills:
• Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
• Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
• Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1
We look forward to your success!!!
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.