Microsoft Cloud Workshop: SQL Server Hybrid Cloud
Design a hybrid cloud disaster recovery solution for a media publishing company, handling large spikes in load, strenghening security to include encryption of PCI data, and implementing an archival strategy to keep databases sizes in check.
This 1/2 day workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure. (Standard Public Class hours are 10:00am ET to 1:00pm ET)
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design a SQL Server scale-out solution
- Protect database backups from local failures
- Archive cold data from an on-premises SQL Server
- Perform end-to-end encryption on sensitive application data
Module 1: Whiteboard Design - SQL Server Hybrid Cloud
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design the solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.