Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Serverless Architecture
Setup and configure a serverless architecture within Azure using a combination of Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Event Grid, Cosmos DB, and Azure Storage. The focus is on removing server management from the equation, breaking down the solution into smaller components that are individually scalable, and allowing the customer to only pay for what they use.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Serverless Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On lab - Serverless Architecture
- Azure data, storage, and serverless environment setup
- Develop and publish the photo processing and data export functions
- Create functions in the portal
- Monitor your functions with Application Insights
- Explore your data in Azure Cosmos DB
- Create the data export workflow
- Configure continuous deployment for your Function App
- Rerun the workflow and verify data export
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.