Microsoft Official Course 40520 - Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Optimized Architecture
Identify and compare IaaS and PaaS hosting options to save cost even further through the use of Azure App Service. Additionally, learn to improve resiliency and high availability through multi-region deployment..
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure..
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Migrate an Azure IaaS optimized
- Compare cost between Azure IaaS versus Azure PaaS
- Setup SQL Database geo-replication
- Configure multi-region deployment
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Optimized Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab - Optimized Architecture
- Determine Appropriate App Service Tiers and Estimate Cost Savings
- Integrate Traffic Manager
- Setup API Tier in Azure App Service
- Migrate Web App Tier to App Service
- Migrate Background Tier to App Service
- Setup SQL Database Geo-Replication
- Take down old architecture / resources
- Setup European Web App Tier Instance
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.