Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $795, Length: 1 day
Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Optimized Architecture
This Course is SATV Eligible†
Identify and compare IaaS and PaaS hosting options to save cost even further through the use of Azure App Service. Additionally, learn to improve resiliency and high availability through multi-region deployment..
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure..
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Migrate an Azure IaaS optimized
- Compare cost between Azure IaaS versus Azure PaaS
- Setup SQL Database geo-replication
- Configure multi-region deployment
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Optimized Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab - Optimized Architecture
- Determine Appropriate App Service Tiers and Estimate Cost Savings
- Integrate Traffic Manager
- Setup API Tier in Azure App Service
- Migrate Web App Tier to App Service
- Migrate Background Tier to App Service
- Setup SQL Database Geo-Replication
- Take down old architecture / resources
- Setup European Web App Tier Instance
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.
†SATV eligibility changes frequently and varies based on a set of criteria that changes often. Any courses on this page that are claimed to be SATV eligible are subject to manual review on a case-by-case basis - if any course is found upon manual review to not be SATV eligible for any reason, then SATV vouchers cannot be applied to the course.