Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Mobile App Innovation
This package is designed to guide attendees through an implementation of an end-to-end mobile baggage tracking system for a customer in the airline industry. Attendees will design an IoT solution simulating data emitted from RFID tags attached to airline passengers’ checked luggage, and mobile applications to allow employees and customers to track those bags from any device.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up an IoT Hub, and register RFID devices
- Consider the steps required to migrate legacy systems to the Azure platform
- Connect on-premises applications to Azure using PowerApps Data Gateway
- Use Azure Functions to send and receive data from Cosmos DB
- Configure VSTS CI/CD pipelines
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Mobile app innovation
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Mobile app innovation
- Azure data, storage, and serverless environment setup
- Configure Visual Studio App Center
- Configure Azure Cosmos DB and Azure functions
- Setup IoT hub
- Connect the mobile app to the backend
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.