MOC 40517 - Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Migrate a retail chain to from an existing data warehouse from an on-premises SQL Server into Azure SQL Data Warehouse. Prepare a detailed migration plan including data preparation, importing data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and architecting a data orchestration strategy to move data from the existing on-premises source systems to Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure a Data Management Gateway to access on-premises data sources from Azure
- Configure Power BI Dashboards to leverage data stored in Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon - Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Configure Azure services
- Data and schema preparation
- Migrate the data to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Integrate Azure SQL Data Warehouse and On-Premises Data Sources with Azure Data Factory and Power BI
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.