Microsoft 40506 - Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Lift and Shift/Azure Resource Manager
Migrate a global publisher architect on-premises procurement system into Azure, map dependencies onto Azure IaaS VMs, and provide the end-state design and the high level steps to get there.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Build and deploy complex infrastructure solutions with Azure Resource Manager templates
- Work with Azure Automation DSC for deploying server configurations
- Scale existing templatized deployments leveraging VM Scale Sets
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Lift and Shift/Azure Resource Manager
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon - Lift and Shift/Azure Resource Manager
- Environment setup
- Configure Automation Account
- Define the network foundation
- Extend with compute
- Lock down the environment
- Scale out the deployment
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.