Got a team or group of 5 or more people? We have special options for you, such as in-person training at your site, or special group pricing for Live Virtual training. Click or tap the button below to request a special quote for your group now!Request Group Quote
Price: $795, Length: 1 day
Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Continuous Delivery in VSTS and Azure
This Course is SATV Eligible†
Set up and configure Continuous Delivery within Azure using a combination of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Students will do this throughout the use of a new VSTS project, Git repository for source control, and an ARM template for Azure resource deployment and configuration management.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Template to provision Azure resources
- Configure Continuous Delivery with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Configure Application Insights into an application
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services project and Git repository
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template that can provision the web application, SQL database
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services team project and Git Repository
- Create Visual Studio Team Services build definition
- Create Visual Studio Team Services release pipeline
- Trigger a build and release
- Create a feature branch and submit a pull request
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.
†SATV eligibility changes frequently and varies based on a set of criteria that changes often. Any courses on this page that are claimed to be SATV eligible are subject to manual review on a case-by-case basis - if any course is found upon manual review to not be SATV eligible for any reason, then SATV vouchers cannot be applied to the course.