Microsoft 40527 - Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Azure Security, Privacy, and Compliance
This whiteboard design session is designed to provide exposure to many of Microsoft Azure’s Security features. The goal is to show an end-to-end solution, leveraging many of these technologies, but not necessarily doing work in every component possible.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Azure Virtual Machines and Networks with Network Security Groups
- Virtual Private Networks (Point to Point, Site to Site)
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure SQL DB and corresponding security features (Threat Detection, TDE, Column Level Encryption, etc.)
- Azure Storage Encryption
- SQL Server Virtual Machines
- Azure IAM
- Azure Monitor and Log Analytics
- Power BI
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Key Vault Integrations
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune
- Conditional Access controls
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Azure security, privacy, and compliance
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab - Azure security, privacy, and compliance
- Implementing Just-In-Time (JIT) access
- Securing the Web Application and Database
- Migrating to Azure Key Vault
- Securing the Network
- Creating security log alerts
- Creating Compliance Reports with Power BI
- Using Compliance Manager
- Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials.
*NOTE: if an average rating and rating count are shown on this page, they are based on all reviews associated with Dynamics Edge that are shown on the review page, and are not restricted to reviews only for the particular course offered on this page.