Module 1: Power Automate versus Logic Apps
- What's new in Power Automate and what's new in Logic Apps.
- When to use one versus the other (overview).
Module 2: Power Platform and Dynamics 365 Integration
- Power Automate (overview)
- Model Driven App (overview)
- Canvas App (overview)
- Azure Logic Apps (overview)
Module 3: Public facing websites and entry points
- Dynamics 365 Portals
- Editing the content (overview)
- Creating new content (overview)
Module 4: Azure Logic Apps Integrations with Dynamics 365
- When to use Azure Logic Apps instead of Power Automate, or vice versa, for Dynamics 365 specific scenarios
- Creating a Logic App
- Best practices for Logic App Modulariation (overview)
- Basics about Logic Apps to know for D365 Integrations (overview)
Module 5: Azure Functions
- What scenarios to use Azure Functions for Dynamics 365 Integrations
- When to use Azure Logic Apps and when to use Azure Functions for Dynamics 365 Integrations
Module 6: Converting Power Automate to Logic Apps and vice versa
- Export from Power Automate to Logic Apps
- Export from Logic Apps to Power Automate
Module 7: Azue Logic App Code View
- When to use the Code View
- When to use the Designer View
- Azure Logic Apps verus Power Automate for "Code View"
Module 8: Intermediate Azure Logic Apps concepts and application to D365 Integrations
Module 9: Advanced Azure Logic Apps concepts and application to D365 Integrations
- HTTP Triggers and how to use them for best practice development
- Parallel Branches
- Parallerl Branches that only run under specific circumstances
- Take one action if something has not happened after a certain amount of time, and something else if it does happen.
HANDS-ON Labs and Exercises:
Create an Azure Logic App
- Use Best Practices for Modularization in an Azure Logic App
- Create simple integration functionality with Dynamics 365 directly inside a Logic App.
- Best practices for implementing integration functionality in Azure Logic Apps with Dynamics 365
- Additional Labs, if extra time remains during class and if there is interest:
Create an Azure Function that does a simple integration with Dynamics 365
- Create an Azure Logic App that sends yourself one kind of email if something has not happened in a step for a certain amount of time, otherwise, send yourself another kind of e-mail.