The one-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Receivables Management course explores the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter invoices and receive payments from customers. This course also explains how to perform additional functions such as entering credit memos, prepayments, small balance write offs, print customer statements, enter and void scheduled payments, and month-end closing procedures.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone wanting to learn the basic features and to develop a working knowledge of the typical day-to-day procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics GP Receivables Management.
Module 1: Overview and Setup Procedures
This module gives students a general overview of the features and benefits of using Receivables Management in an integrated environment. In addition it discusses setup procedures and examines in detail the options available to customize. It also focuses on the integration between Receivables Management and General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Features and Benefits
- Setup Procedures
- Receivables Management Setup
- Receivables Setup Options
- Sales Territory Maintenance
- Salesperson Maintenance
- Customer Class Setup
- Customer Maintenance
- Customer Maintenance Options
- National Accounts Maintenance
- Refund Check Setup
- Sales Email Setup
- Beginning Balances
Module 2: Daily Procedures
This module explains the daily procedures performed in Receivables Management. It focuses on the entry of transactions such as invoices, cash receipts, and finance charges.
- Transaction Entry Overview
- Receivables Batch Entry
- Receivables Transaction Entry
- Enter Receivables Scheduled Payments
- Enter Cash Receipts
- Apply Posted Transactions
- Enter Refund Checks
- Batch Recovery
Module 3: Maintaining Records
This module focuses on the process of maintaining records in Receivables Management. It focuses on how to manage and view receivables data.
- NSF Checks, Voiding, and Waiving Posted Transactions
- Change and Delete Records
- Edit Receivables Transactions
- Remove History
- Perform an Inquiry
Module 4: Period-End Processing
This module explains the procedures performed at the end of fiscal periods in Receivables Management.
- Period-End Procedures Overview
- Aging Process
- Finance Charges
- Print Statements
- Reprint Statements
- Paid Sales Transactions Removal
- Other Period-End Procedures
- Reconcile Receivables to General Ledger
- Year-End Routines
Lab: Receivables Management Setup
Lab: Set Up a New Sales Territory
Lab: Set Up a New Salesperson
Lab: Modify a Customer Class
Lab: Set Up a New Customer
Lab: Set Up a National Account
Lab: Set Up Refund Checks
Lab: Receivables Transaction Entry
Lab: Credit Memo Entry
Lab: Receivables Scheduled Payments
Lab: Cash Receipts Entry
Lab: National Accounts/Cash Receipts Entry
Lab: Apply Posted Transactions
Lab: Creating and Printing Refund Checks
Lab: Voiding a Document
Lab: Assessing a Non-Sufficient Funds Charge
Lab: Edit Receivables Transactions
Lab: Aging Process
Lab: Write Off an Invoice
What You'll Learn
- Perform Receivables Management related data entry functions including customer invoicing, customer payment application and recurring invoices.
- Perform maintenance on Receivables Management documents and maintenance records such as customers, customer classes and scheduled payments.
- Apply payments and prepayments to customer balances or against specific invoices.
- Print standard reports for audit trail purposes, financial analysis and to verify data entry.
- Troubleshoot and correct input errors including an incorrect posting date or incorrect document amounts.
- Perform month-end procedures including aging customer documents, closing statement cycles and printing customer statements.